Congratulations to Sylver and Gerry H on winning the Bill Miller Mem. Doubles on 24 July 2021.
Our first competition of 2021 was played on 10 July. Glorious sunshine over 6 rounds. Good that some of our most recent members were taking part. Congratulations to the winners. Not sure either of the 2 men will win the ‘Best Smile’ competition.
L to R – Gerry Hennity, Linda Matthews and John Hennessy.
The 29th AGM was held on 22 June 2021 in Pickie BC Clubhouse. Proceedings recognised the unusual year which we had come through due to Covid restrictions but, that we were still financially sound and had our biggest influx of new members for some time. Two new members were welcomed to the Committee. The full list of officials is shown on the ‘OFFICERS’ sub-set of the ‘ABOUT US’ website page.
Congratulations to Sylver on winning the 2 in 1 competition on 3 October 2020
Congratulations to Freda and Sylver on winning the Bass Shield Doubles competition on 19 September 2020
Congratulations to Kevin and Gilles on winning the Weir Family Shield on 29 August 2020
Congratulations to Humberto and Paul M on winning the Bill Miller Mem. Doubles on 1 August 2020.
Regrettably, Christel, wife of our esteemed member Ciaran McFerran, has passed away. The thoughts of all our members are with Ciaran at this sad time.
As a consequence of Government guidance, which changed periodically during the Covid 19 pandemic, our Club has played on and off since mid-March 2020. A relaxation of restrictions in March 2021 ( * see below ) allows play to re-commence on 12 April 2021, and we intend to re-commence on Tuesday 13 April. The Irish Petanque Assoc. has issued a Covid 19-related policy on social distancing and other contact issues ( see below ) which fits with the Government guidance, and the North Down Committee intends that the policy will be applied in full, until such time as it may change.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR THE RESUMPTION OF PLAY
* At March 2021, NI Govt Guidelines allow, that from 12 April, up to 15 people (including coaches) can take part in structured outdoor sports training, through clubs or individuals affiliated to recognised sports governing bodies or representative organisations for sport and physical activity.
Social Distancing and Personal Protection
- The organisers of any game of Petanque should note the names and contact details of anyone participating.
- Nobody should come to play who has a cough or a temperature.
- Should a player develop Covid 19 symptoms after playing, they should contact the organisers of the event so that other participants can be made aware of this fact.
- Players must stay 2 metres away from each other at all times [unless they are members of the same household].
- Face masks are advised, but not mandatory.
- No handshakes or kissing. Toe-to-toe greetings only.
- All players must bring to the piste their own hand sanitiser.
- Nobody must touch another player’s boules, cochonnet, measuring tape, hand sanitiser or other personal equipment.
- No entrance money should be taken.
- Each player must have their own cochonnet and use it when he/she throws it to start a game or begin a new end.
- Only one person in the game is allowed to touch the circle and the scoreboard.
- Any player measuring must do so with his/her own tape. Others stand 2 metres away.